Welcome to NORSTRAT
NORSTRAT Consulting Inc. has been created for the express purpose of helping clients with a responsibility or a business goal to implement components of Canada’s Northern Strategy.
NORSTRAT Consulting is owned and operated by Lee Carson. Mr. Carson is a respected long-time member of Canada’s aerospace and defense community with a life-long passion for all things polar.
NORDSTROM Consulting believes that the Northern Strategy represents Canada’s most important, challenging, and exciting program opportunity of the 21st century. after all, We want to help you play your part.
- Federal Major Crown Procurement track record
- Arctic and Maritime Domain Awareness subject matter expertise
- A life-long passion for all things Arctic
In 1885 the people depicted here completed a bold and challenging federal infrastructure project that joined the young country of Canada from East to West.
Now the time has come to join our country from South to North.
This time the solution will not be a railroad but a comprehensive suite of infrastructure projects essential to the Development and protection of the North.
The mission of NORSTRAT Consulting is to put our clients into the following picture.
The Northern Strategy is highly diverse and multi-disciplinary.
Every assignment is different and tailored to your own needs.
NORDSTROM Consulting teams with other professional subject matter experts and leading companies to meet your unique needs.
Subject Matter Expertise
- Member of the 2014 Victoria Strait Expedition
- Author of papers on Canada’s North and Northern Strategy
- Conference Papers and Presentations
- Extensive Northern travel and contacts
Northern System Development Experience
- BAPS Iceberg Tracking System
- IDIAS Sea Ice Mapping System
- MCOIN III Recognized Maritime Picture
- Radarsat II Arctic Surveillance
- AIS-Space Arctic Marine Surveillance and Tracking
- Radarsat Constellation Mission
Business Development Experience
- Over $200M in Federal Government wins
- Campaign Strategies
- Bid and Proposal Management
Project Definition Experience
- The Arctic Sub-surface Surveillance System (ARCSSS)
- Maritime Coastal Defence Vessel (MCDV)
- Joint Support Ship (JSS)
- Halifax Class Modernization / FELEX
- Arctic Offshore Patrol Ship
- PolarSat Mission
- AIS-Constellation Mission
Major Capital Project Experience
- Maritime Coastal Defence Vessel
- Radarsat II
- Radarsat Constellation Mission
NORDSTROM Consulting offers expert advice and supports custom designed around Client needs.
- Provide strategic advice on your Northern Strategy campaign plan
- Provide subject matter expertise
- Answer the critical question of how you can build on the Northern Strategy
- Provide Project Definition support
- Memoranda to Cabinet
- Operational requirements definition
- Procurement strategy definition
- Provide capture and bid management support
Mr. Carson has captured over $200M in the related Government of Canada contracts. that is to say, Let that experience work for you.
- Provide Strategic Business Development process training
- Provide Project Management support
- Strategic Project Planning
- Risk Management
- Change Management
Clients with a responsibility
NORSTRAT Consulting Inc. serves government and industry clients with a responsibility or a goal to build an element of Canada’s Northern Strategy.
NORSTRAT Consulting Inc. is proud to be of service to the following clients:
- Aerospace & Defence Industry Association of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Airbus Defence and Space
- Aker Solutions
- Astrium SAS
- Babcock (via H+K)
- Calian (via H+K)
- Canadian Light Source (via H+K)
- General Dynamics Canada
- Hill+Knowlton Canada
- Kraken Sonar Systems
- L-3 MariPro
- L-3 MAS (via H+K)
- L-3 Ocean Systems
- MacDonald Dettwiler
- Northrop Grumman (via H+K)
- Northwestel (via H+K)
- Petroleum Research Newfoundland and Labrador
- Raytheon Canada Support Services
- Saab Technologies Canada (via H+K)
- SK Films (via H+K)
- Ultra Electronics Marine Systems
- Aerospace Review
- Canadian Coast Guard
- Canadian Space Agency (via Deloitte)
NORSTRAT Presents Webinar to US business interests on business opportunities in Canadian North.
NORDSTROM organizes panel on International Opportunities, Forging New Partnerships, Northern Lights Conference, Ottawa
NORSTRAT organizes a panel on Leading Development in the North American Arctic, Northern Lights Conference, Ottawa.
NORSTRAT moderates panel on NORTHERN NATION BUILDING: FOUR BIG VISIONS TRANSFORMING CANADA’S ARCTIC, Arctic Circle, Reykjavik.
NORSTRAT tours infrastructure developments in western Greenland.
NORSTRAT completes field trials of VHF Data Exchange System, Quebec City.
NORSTRAT delivers a report to support procuring a next-generation Vessel Traffic Management System for the Canadian Coast Guard.
NORSTRAT attends the Arctic Circle conference in Reykjavik.
NORSTRAT presents on Canada-Arctic arctic policy issues, China and the Arctic, Ottawa.
NORSTRAT tours “Road to Resources,” Tuktoyaktuk.
NORSTRAT presents opportunities for Northern infrastructure development, CONVERGE conference, Calgary.
NORSTRAT attends the IALA workshop on VHF Data Exchange System, ESTEC, Netherlands.
NORSTRAT attends the Arctic Circle conference in Reykjavik.
NORSTRAT completes the Oceans Protection plan project to improve ship-shore communications along all three coasts.
NORSTRAT completes the Oceans Protection Plan project to improve shipping safety along the Northern BC coast.
NORSTRAT agrees with CCG to support the search for long-lost Avro Arrow models in Lake Ontario.
NORSTRAT delivers engineering study to Canadian Coast Guard enabling improved shipping safety on Canada’s Northwest coast.
NORSTRAT speaks at CONVERGE Calgary on the topic of emerging Northern infrastructure opportunities.
NORDSTROM conducts a marine radar coverage survey of Douglas Channel
NORDSTROM attends the Ocean Innovation conference, Iqaluit
NORDSTROM meets with Canadian Coast Guard MCTS staff, Iqaluit
NORDSTROM delivers a report on the Arctic shipping technology roadmap to the Government of Germany, Bonn
NORDSTROM presents on the topic of future Arctic shipping at Vanguard Shipping Forum, Ottawa
NORDSTROM presents at Arctic Shipping Forum, St. John’s
NORDSTROM presents at Maritime and Arctic Security and Safety Conference, St. John’s
NORDSTROM engaged in adapting military surveillance systems to solve offshore oil and gas challenges in ice-infested waters
NORDSTROM attends Offshore Oil and Gas conference St. John’s
NORDSTROM awarded Victoria Strait Medal for contributions to the successful 2014 Victoria Strait Expedition that found Franklin’s ship HMS Erebus
NORDSTROM attends Nunavut at 15 Conference, Ottawa
NORDSTROM attends the Northern Exposure conference
NORDSTROM organizes and presents at the Maritime and Arctic Security and Safety Conference, St. John’s
NORDSTROM attends Oceans 2014 Conference, St. John’s
NORSTRAT takes part in Victoria Strait Expedition to seek and find the missing Franklin ships in Canada’s Northwest Passage.
NORSTRAT was engaged (though HK Strategies) by Babcock to conduct a market size evaluation of Canadian northern RF communications opportunities.
Canadian Coast Guard selected NORDSTROM to study precision navigation options for a future Arctic Marine Corridor.
Canadian Coast Guard selected NORSTRAT to study radar and surveillance systems for a future Arctic Maritime Corridor.
Kraken Sonar Systems engaged NORSTRAT to pursue Arctic opportunities.
NORDSTROM engaged by ADIANL to help coordinate a significant conference on Maritime and Arctic Security: MAS2013
“The Challenge | The Technologies | The People”
Vanguard news article The Perilous Route to Nanisivik
November 30, 2012
NORSTRAT presents at the ADIANL Maritime and Arctic Security Workshop MAS2012 in St. John’s, NL.
NORDSTROM attends DEFSEC in Halifax
Industry Canada engaged NORSTRAT to contribute to the Aerospace Review. See Canada’s Space Sector: The Essential Enabler of Canada’s Northern Strategy
June 6, 2012
NORDSTROM invited to speak at GDC Edge Innovation Centre – Arctic Sovereignty Leadership Discussion
June 1, 2012
NORDSTROM attends the Naval Association of Canada conference in Ottawa on behalf of a client
May 30-31, 2012
NORDSTROM attends CANSEC in Ottawa along with clients
April 23-25, 2012
NORDSTROM attends the International Polar Year conference in Montreal with clients
April 3, 2012
NORDSTROM presents Canada’s Northern Strategy opportunities to the Finnish marine and Artic industry in Turku, Finland
Vanguard News Article: What’s Next for Canada’s Northern Strategy?
February 1-3, 2012
NORDSTROM attends Northern Lights 2012 conference in Ottawa with clients
See the article by Lee Carson in Vanguard Magazine: What’s Next for Canada’s Northern Strategy?
Canadian Government Executive Article: Northern Light
Finding Franklin: Victoria Strait Expedition
In the summer of 2014, the President of NORSTRAT Consulting had the privilege of sailing the North West Passage for a second time as a mission crew member on the Victoria Strait Expedition, because, searching for Franklin’s ships.
Despite several challenges, including persistent sea ice, uncharted waters, and bringing together the different goals and constraints of Government, industry, and academic team members, we successfully discovered the HMS Erebus.
“The reason the voyage was so special for me was that it brought into focus 30 years of Arctic systems engineering experience. It’s one thing to design and build sea ice mapping systems, route survey systems, maritime domain awareness systems. It’s quite another to try and make those systems work for you on a challenging mission in the waters of the Northwest Passage.”
Norstrat: Know Everything about Northern Strategy
Nowadays, business has developed more and reached high positions, and many people’s lives have changed because of single business development. But it is challenging to achieve in the corporate world, and there will be competitors for every business.
However, although people may be able to work hard and keep trying to develop their businesses, they must find a way to survive in the corporate battle.
So business people must need help implementing the northern strategy in their business.
In such cases, Norstrat flagged high to help for many business developments. Here are some essential details about Norstrat.
What is Norstrat?
Corporate companies, sometimes even Government and military, also need professional guidance to develop their performance, so the people approaching Norstrat.
It is one of the best companies providing significant assistance to many business people, the Government, and even the military. Canada’s northern strategy is an excellent idea for developing your business.
Still, you need more knowledge, so Norstrat consulting helps people implement this strategy according to their goals. This consulting company acts as a backbone for many companies to attain success.
What is the Norstrat Northern strategy?
Canada initially implemented the northern strategy, called Canada’s northern strategy. The Canadian Government introduced this strategy in 2007, and now it is trending high in business development. The northern strategy was implemented for four priorities of Canada, and they are
• Exercising Arctic sovereignty
• Promoting social and economic Development
• Protecting environmental heritage
• Improving and devolving Northern governance.
These are the four priorities; for this purpose, only the northern strategy was implemented in many businesses. The Norstrat Company has expertise in implementing this strategy in various businesses.
History of Norstrat
Norstrat is a company from Canada, so they are experts in implementing the northern strategy. They started their business as a small agency in a single office. But due to their hard work and intelligent work in the implementation of strategy, because, now they covered the entire areas in the United States, which is considered a great success. Even though it has developed well, it still has one of its offices in Canada, where it started.
• Norstrat is a global integrated communications company that provides various services such as digital marketing, social media marketing, and public relations.
• Norstrat expected to expand its business globally.
• They are also eager to search for new markets in their community.
• Norstrat has provided clients with a wide range of services based on their needs and necessities.
What are the objectives of Norstrat?
The Norstrat is an excellent consulting firm for your business growth, and it has some objectives listed below.
• Identity for corporate
• Support for marketing
• You can trust the access of Norstrat as it has incorporated teams for security.
• Student Interns from Canada’s best military and law enforcement institutions provide public relations exposure to their strategic partners.
• Business cards, brochures, and letterhead are included in all Norstrat marketing products.
• Employees are permitted to wear official NORSTRAT shirts and polos.
• In the Northern Strategy Community, you will have a distinct identity that you can use to promote your company or group.
What are the services offered by Norstrat Consulting?
Many business people and the military approach this consulting because of the extraordinary services. Some of the essential services are explained here.
• Offer strategic counsel on your Northern Strategy campaign plan.
• Offer subject-matter expertise
• Definition for operational requirements
• Offer bid management assistance.
• Training in the strategic business development process is provided for project management assistance.
• Change management will be provided.
• Assist with Project Definition
• Make strategic project planning available.
• Risk management is provided.
Where is Norstrat’s expertise?
The Norstrat is expertise in implementing northern strategy, and the failure rate in their implementation and business development is almost zero. Now, it’s time to learn in which the places the Norstrat is expertise are
- Business Growth Expertise:
Norstrat was flagged on top in business growth as they succeeded in the Federal Government’s growth. They have creative and innovative operation strategies and achieve overall administration development.
- Project Management expertise:
For the past few years, Norstrat has been tasked and achieved in many different projects, so they are experts in project management.
- Focused Capital Project expertise:
The Norstrat completed the radars at constellation mission and Radarsat II and succeeded in the Maritime Coastal Defense Vessel, so they are experts in Focused Capital Projects.
These are the areas where they are of expertise. They also provide various training programs like Leadership development programs, workshops for professional Development, Programs for business coaching, and programs for executive coaching.
The Norstrat consultant will offer their services in various packages, and you can choose your package from their official website. All the assessments of the Norstrat are unique and will meet your requirements. but Finally, the details explained above are essential things you need to know about the Nordstrom consultant and approach them for your business development.